Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bathroom Update

We moved into our house this week. Move may not be the right word since we have very little furniture or other items but we are sleeping there now. The house is nice and in a nice neighborhood. I will attach pictures after I take them. We are within walking distance to restaurants, parks, shops, and other interesting places. Kwame is about 15 minutes by car from work. We'll see how far by bike this weekend. Apparently this is a huge distance for most people but it beats the 30-40 minute drive he had in STL. Anyway, I thought I should mention that our bathrooms and at least one bedroom have pulls for emergency buzzers. I originally thought we moved into a house that was built for some ailing person but I hear that the buzzers are standard in most Italian houses. Hopefully the only time we will need the one in the bathroom is when I have to buzz Kwame to bring me a glass of wine! The other buzzer is in the room that will be for the baby. There is nothing better than a long, loose cord in your baby's room! Luckily we have some time to figure out what to do with it before we have to worry about it being a choking hazard!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't everyone need an emergency buzzer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our other problem is that there are several buttons in the house to buzz open the front gate. The problem is that they look just like the light switches. We have accidentally opened the gate a couple of times. I may have to do some labeling once our stuff gets here.

    ReplyDelete