Friday, August 13, 2010

The Italian Ikea!

We took a small trip to our nearest Ikea last weekend. This was only the second time that I had been to Ikea (and Kwame's first). I forgot how overwhelming the place is! I think their website is overwhelming so you can imagine how I felt in the huge store surrounded by thousands of my Italian neighbors. We ended up getting about 20 items (mostly stuff for the baby's room) and dinner for around 100 Euro. It was a successful trip!



The only noteworthy event was trying to get through the toll booth on the way back. We managed to get in the line with the automated machine instead of a real person. Kwame could not figure out where to put his toll ticket. We finally realized that there were language options on the machine so Kwame pushed the button for . . . French? He then proceeded to yell and get mad at the machine while a large line of cars formed behind us. Once he figured out where to put the ticket and how much to pay, there was steam coming out of his ears. The machine did a much better job at keeping her cool because she called out a friendly "Au Revoir" as we left:) How come I never have that video camera when I need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment